- Initial Project Analysis – FS Project Management listens to the owner’s goals and wishes and analyzes the existing conditions of the building or project site. We make recommendations for courses of action and determine the scope of work while providing advice on timing and project phasing. We can recommend engineers, architects and other professionals as needed and conduct a review of the owner’s financial condition, making project financing recommendations accordingly.
- Bidding and Contract Negotiations – We review all project specifications, plans and drawings prepared by professional contractors. We interview potential contractors and send out Requests for Proposals (RFPs). After acceptance and review of submitted proposals, we prepare bid analysis spreadsheets for the owner’s review. Analyzing “value engineering” alternatives can reduce costs. An important aspect of this component in the process is our ability to discuss and negotiate with contractors regarding alternatives in methods, materials or other areas for savings. As the liaison between the owner and various professionals who may be bidding on the project, we review and verify all compliance submissions for insurance, permits and bonding.
- Project Supervision – With a dedicated project manager at your service, FS Project Management is able to continuously monitor your project’s progress via site visits, review of work schedules, payment requisitions and change orders. We attend all necessary project meetings on site, and continuously evaluate the status of subcontractors. Our project managers report to owners on a regular basis; they are fully involved and able to explain and/or advise on any issues requiring board actions or decisions. If there are any project-related conflicts, we will assist in resolution.
- Resident and Staff Relations – We always keep residents aware and informed of what is happening in and around their homes by working with each building’s property manager to distribute timely information. We can set up a project-dedicated Telephone Hotline through which residents can receive current project information. Recorded messages inform of the location and type of work scheduled over the next few days and what residents can expect in terms of noise, dust, parking, and more. It is also crucial to coordinate and communicate with building staff regarding what their responsibilities may be during the project and what they can expect from the team. With staff involvement and interaction, we are better able to coordinate contractor access to common areas and individual apartments, minimizing inconvenience and discomfort to the community as a whole.
- Project Completion – At the completion of your project, we present a comprehensive project report known as “The Book,” which includes thorough descriptions of the work, progress reports, financial updates, a chronological photo history of the project and a final summary.